A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Saturday, June 23, 2007

update from HG5


I'm at this sweet internet spot in downtown Pemba. It's hilarious. Not really high speed or anything, but it's what we got, and for here, it's absolutely fantastic. So I'm full on in the role of staff for HG 5 (short for Holy Given) and things are well. It is a wee bit more chilled in Africa right now than I remember, but afterall, this is their winter. I mean plus 20 degrees is still pretty warm, but I expected some major heat to be cranking out. We got about 150 students here and only about 40 guys!! So the girls have us slightly outnumbered. It's all good though. So far we have had a steady diet of rice and beans! But don't worry, there are some restaurants that cater to our western needs!! All in all though, things are well. My mind has been preoccupied with things other than Holy Given, but God is good, and He's starting to minister to me in intense degrees.




I believe I have been approved by Iris to go to Sudan in september. But as of right now noone knows what the leadership wants to do with the ministry in Khartoum so nothing is finalized right now. As of this moment I have no idea what is taking place in september. It is totally up in the air. I don't plan in being back in Canada till at least January, but as I said, I've no idea what the Fall holds. I'm not too worried about it though.

So thats the latest. Pretty much been entertaining myself with the kids, refreshing my portuguese, getting the lay of the land again, and dying to self (which seems to be never-ending). It's all been real good though. We'll see what God intends to do in the next little while, but I'm expecting it to get A LOT more intense. Sometimes God pushes things to the forefront that must be dealt with; internal things. Here we go. See ya's.