A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Friday, July 13, 2007

i want cheescake!!!


I'm still in Pemba but it appears I won't be heading to Khartoum, Sudan to work at an Iris base there. The story goes that Iris is shutting down the base there till they get proper local leadership in place. This puts a bit of direction change in my future, but the lord has provided an amazing alternative as only He can. It now appears I will be heading to Armavir, Russia in about a month to help with the Holy Given: Russia school. It is an amazing opportunity to minister the Gospel in another place that is in desperate need of the love of God. As of right now, HG Russia has no international support; so we don't know where sleeping accomodations, or food, or anything will come from for our students. It has the potential to be an amazing experience of trusting God and seeing Him move in ways I have never experienced before. So I will likely head to Russia shortly after the missions school graduation here in Pemba (Aug 8) and may spend the rest of 2007 there, we'll see. We will be involved with some church planting in that area as well so there will be opportunity to stay on afterwards and do some discipling, etc. I want to add that I'm more excited and expectant about Russia than I've been about anything in quite awhile. So if everyone could pray that I will find a cheap, safe flight to either Moscow, or Armavir, it would be appreciated!!

Here, things are well though. The rice and beans are starting to taste a little bland and the culture is starting to wear on a lot of the students. But lives are being transformed and the Kingdom is advancing in a mighty wave across northern Mozambique. It is a great priviledge to have a hand in this great move of God. I can't really say I'm homesick, but I do miss a lot of my friends back in Canada; I hope you're all expriencing the fullness God wants you to.