A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

quarantined

Yep, I have the runs. So if I can make it 72 hrs without RUNNING to the toilet, I can resume my employment here at HH. Session 3 ended today and I couldn't even say 'Goodbye' to my campers. I went on quarantine at about 6pm last night and will be off until at least 3:30pm on saturday. This sucks cause the next session starts saturday morning. Oh well, could be worse. The session was well though. The Beaver Cabin started out with 8 staff and 9 campers but 2 had to go home so we continued the session up one staff. That usually never happens. We did all the regular HH stuff like Great Escape, rafting, talent show, dance, activities, etc etc etc. The kids have been amazing to work with. On a side note; at Great Escape monday, I was 'helping dreams come true' or 'making magic' or whatever (I was loading a 16 yr old Beaver into a rollercoaster) when I SMASHED my toe on the lip of the ride. It hurt, and still does. Check out the photo -->HERE<--.

Today was Cabin change. Between the 3rd and 4th sessions, the whole camp changes cabins and gets to experience HH from another perspective. I was a Beaver (15-16 yr old boys) and now I will be a Muskrat (6-7 yr old boys). I go from the oldest to the youngest. Jenny was a Bear (15-16 yr old girls) and now will be a Deer (6-7 yr old girls). It should be a wild 4 sessions coming up!! 
We are now off until saturday and I will be laying low trying to get this sickness taken care of. 
If anyone knows some good movies for Jenny & I to watch over the next couple days, let me know and we can watch them online.
Here's a good song for you to listen to:
Regina Spektor - Oedipus