A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Saturday, September 06, 2008

bye St Kits. hello Windsor


Jenny and I have finished up in St Kits and have moved on. We completed our premarital counseling with the Woodwards, and we got LOTS of running around done. I got to eat at my favorite restaurant in St Catharines, Sahla Thai, for my birthday. And, we got our wedding bands tattooed on us!! Sweet!

Early wednesday morning, Pastor Geo dropped us off at the bus terminal and we cruised'er the 390KM to Windsor. Jenny's Dad picked us up and we started doing some running around. That evening, some of Jenny's family/friends had a potluck for us. Thursday, we did more running around and met with some people who Jenny wanted to see while here. Yesterday, Jenny and her Dad flew from London to Saskatchewan to attend Jessica's wedding. She will be back here monday morning. This is actually the first day I haven't seen Jenny since Dec 28th/07. Thats crazy.
So, I am housesitting (and cat-sitting) for the weekend. I have lots of research to do, and emails to write, and people to call, and tennis to watch, and sermons to listen to! 
And only 3 days to go before Vegas!!
I leave you with a good quote:
There is a strong drift toward the hard theological left. Some emergent types [want] to recast Jesus as a limp-wrist hippie in a dress with a lot of product in His hair, who drank decaf and made pithy Zen statements about life while shopping for the perfect pair of shoes. In Revelation, Jesus is a prize fighter with a tattoo down His leg, a sword in His hand and the commitment to make someone bleed. That is a guy I can worship. I cannot worship the hippie, diaper, halo Christ because I cannot worship a guy I can beat up. I fear some are becoming more cultural than Christian, and without a big Jesus who has authority and hates sin as revealed in the Bible, we will have less and less Christians, and more and more confused, spiritually self-righteous blogger critics of Christianity.