A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Monday, September 08, 2008

over 10,000 visitors!! (or, HOLY CRAP, I'M GETTIN MARRIED TOMORROW!!)

It's true! Yesterday this blog hit 10,000 visitors. I started this one in Jan/06 and have enjoyed keeping everyone informed as to my whereabouts and stuff. Thanks for checking in on me.
My trip to Windsor has been pretty quiet. I have researched and emailed potential contacts in Cambodia, phoned people I needed to be in contact with, watched tennis, Watched Anchorman twice, and just plain relaxed. Jenny & I are really excited with the prospect of heading to Cambodia in october rather than january.
And tomorrow at 10pm, we are flying to Vegas for our wedding/honeymoon. It's gonna be hot! Today it's like 40C/104F!! Tomorrow (when we arrive) it should be a cool 38C/100F! Yikes. Thats crazy.
It's all hitting me about how un-stressed I am about the wedding. All we have to do is.......show up. It's sweet. No planning this extravagant thing that eats up money we don't have. I'm sure there are some people who don't quite understand what we're doing, but I'm hoping they can have a more active part in our marriage, rather than our wedding. 'We' think the marriage (rest of our lives) is slightly more important than the wedding (30 minutes). People should be used to this sort of thing from me by now.
So, today is my last day of singlehood. Actually it's not. When Jenny & I got together I felt as if we already committed to each other. There was no "testing the waters", so to speak. Marriage was inevitable.
We commit our life to You Lord.