A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Nairobi, Kenya


Yep, here am I. We went to the Russian embassy here in Nairobi this morning and were well recieved by Elena. At first she said we absolutely COULD NOT get a visa to Russia, but after I explained the situation to her (and how embassy's should actually operate(?)) she was more than happy to give us applications and help us however we needed. She could not give us our visas but was going to talk to her superior, who she said was the one who could issue the visa. She gave us her phone number and said we could check back tomorrow morning to see if the applications would be approved.


So we hang in Nairobi till then. It's a very dangerous city and we dare not venture out at night. A tourist makes it about half a block before they get mugged!! It is an incredibly modernized city though. Not a whole lot of room for evangelizin though, since I haven't met one person here who does not know Jesus!! Anyways, I hope the next time I write anything on Blogger I'll be in Russia!