A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Visitation/Impartation Campaign'07

Things have been really well since I quit Wal~Mart. My Visitation/Impartation Campaign'07 is in full swing and the meetings I have had with people have been really awesome. This week alone I have 10 meetings scheduled. God has provided some awesome opportunity and I strive to make the most out of everyone of them. I so desire to be able to impart the things into others which God has given into me.

I actually just got back from my cousin's Day Care. I was invited to Murray River to show the kids some African photos and explain how blessed we are and that the true meaning of Christmas is NOT Santa Claus! Good stuff. I had a great time and it seemed the kids really enjoyed it.

The Island has been extremely cold and the weather in St Catharines (I hear) is not much better. On Boxing Day I will board a plane and return to Ontario for an undetermined amount of time. Who knows?! I sure don't. 2008 has some really great potential. I am still really waiting on God; that He will further and more convincingly direct me into this next season. There is direction that needs to be decided upon, etc etc, and intimacy with Him is so crucial and dependant on.

But as hard as it has been to remain on PEI, it has also been good. It has been awesome spending time with my 1 yr old nephew. And all the other people who have made this time enjoyable (too many to name individually) are dearly loved and appreciated. This time has further convinced me that I was made for travelling. My perspective is "global" and not "local"; it's just who I am, it's how I was made.

So, 2007 is almost over. This year I was stretched a whole lot with street evangelism; graduated from Bible College; travelled to Redding, California; travelled to Pemba, Mozambique; travelled to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania --> Nairobi, Kenya --> London, England; and finally to Armavir and St Petersburg, Russia. Then back to Canada (St Catharines and PEI). It has been an unreal year, filled with challenges, growth, and difficulties. This may have been the year that has challenged and stretched me more than any other. Time will tell just how much.

Lets all make 2008 the year we abandon ourselves and become inconvenienced for the sake of the King. We'll ask ourselves this time next year if it was worth it, or if we regret it. We won't. We'll only regret NOT doing it.