A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Harvest House update

Managing this Men's Residence is a lesson in perseverance I wasn't really expecting when I signed on for this role. The things I've been learning are mostly on the business side of things. It seems I've been doing minimal ministering, and a majority of trying to wade through all the lies and stories I am told on a daily basis. 95% of the guys that are coming through this transition house seem to not want to have any change in their lives at all. Most of their lives are broken and smashed, yet they seem content to continue to wade through them without taking any necessary steps to change. It's really something!?

Decisions for my own life will have to be made fairly soon. My car lease is up in July, and I have to let
WIBI know if they are to save a room for me for September. That is a step into a level of faith I just don't have, which likely means that it is God!! If I don't choose to do WIBI, then I have to make some quick plans for a return to the foreign mission field; most likely Argentina, or, back to Mozambique. Things are picking up. I don't believe God is satisfied with what we have been doing the last years. There is something we must ACTIVATE to walk into a higher state.

American figure skater
Sasha Cohen has said,

"If you do what you have always done, you'll get what you have always gotten."


Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, ......................good word.