A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

feed me

Since Wynne Goss taught us, I have gotten very hungry for a slamming in the Holy Spirit. I realize (again and again) that what I recieved from God is but the tip of the iceberg, and I can't settle for it. It's not enough. Jesus died so that we could experience so much more. We never even experience 1/1000th of what He purchased for us.

I was in prayer a couple of days ago when I disinctly heard the Spirit say,
"Don't settle!! Don't settle...... for what I've already done.
It's all you need, but it'not all I want to give you."

That is crazy. In the natural, when you are hungry, there is a feeling of emptiness inside, a kind of raw, gnawing pain, that needs to be remedied before any kind of satisfaction can be realized.
So it is when you are hungry for more of God; there is an emptiness inside you that can only be filled by an encounter with Him, and Him alone. Needless to say, I've been spending a bit more time in prayer; seeking God's direction in a number of areas.

He is faithful, and eager to meet our need.........