A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Having it all, but wanting more!?

In my last post, I related the story of a guest speaker coming to CBC and totally firing me up. I became hungry, hungry, hungry, for God in a way that I didn't know had died off a bit. It was a day of intense Holy Spirit Presence. Anyway, that prompted a response by "anonymous" (by the way "anonymous", I'm fairly confident I know who you are) requesting an explanation of how someone could be full of God, yet want more!? It's a valid question, I guess, for anyone who doesn't know the answer. A fairly foolish one though, for anyone reading this who already knows the answer.

The main gist of it all can be summed up as "More of You and less of me". We are never to behold more of God in us than we already possess. He lives inside us and we can drink from that river at all times. Yet there are times when we don't see all that He has provided for us. We believe He took our sickness, yet sometimes we are sick. We believe that through His poverty we became rich, yet sometimes we are without a penny. We believe that we have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ, but often we live so far below that. Jesus has provided EVERYTHING for us, yet none of us live to even a thousandeth of what He purchased for us. I don't deny the finished work of Christ, but I'm unwilling to live the normal 'Christian' life I see the Church trudging through. It makes me sick. Salvation is enough, but Jesus wants us to live wih more, with all that He died to give us. That included experience with Him, intimate time in His manifest Presence. Why not?

Whether or not His Presence gets stronger at times, or we just are more aware of His Presence in us, it makes no difference. The presence is stronger at some times than others, bottom line. Being hungry for 'more' of God means I want to be so much more aware, so much closer to Him, and farther from me. "More of Him" means to see more of what He purchased for me manifest in My life.

I know "anonymous" probably has a hundred little arguments floating around, but I care little about them. In fact, I'm done. I'm through with this subject right now. The feelings are too inward to be accurately described anyway. My attempts at it would only prove to be vain. In closing........ Salvation is enough, but it's not all Jesus paid the price for. If others don't want the rest, then I'll take it