A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Isaiah 55:8-9

God does things in our lives when we least expect it: when we aren't praying for it, and even when we don't even think we need it. Such is the striveless, easy, fluent life of living in the flow of Holy Spirit. Rolland Baker said last year that the Christian life was an incredibly easy one to live because of how God usually works. Now don't take this whole rave out of context, God does indeed move when we pray, and when we need Him too (sometimes!!) etc. But think of the really influential things that have happened to you, and you usually find out that they happened when you least expect them, when you weren't praying for them, and when you didn't even think you needed them. Such is the life I live, such is the life I am growing in.

Sometimes you don't really know how much you need something untill that need is met. Then you look back and say, "Wow, thanks God." I often struggle with a lack of like-minded people whom I can really connect with. People who are molded out of the same Spiritual background as I. People with the mindset of 'laying it all down for the sake of the Gospel'. There is a freedom theirin that western Christianity is missing, that they are passing by.

OK then! 1. I am now working at
Wal-Mart. On my first shift there, 2. I run into Amy Good in one of the isles, who was at Holy Given last summer in Pemba, Mozambique. This was a divine meeting if ever there was. And 3. I was offered a car yesterday if the insurance, gas, etc are affordable to my budget. Now, I did pray for the job, but the others God threw in as freebies. How about that? I don't know what to think sometimes. I do think however, that we're on the verge of something BIG! Holy Spirit is getting sick of waiting for us to come in line with Him. He's already ready, and His soveriengty is irritated and impatient. Who Knows what this will look like?

God takes His stand in His own congregation
(Psalm 82:1a)