A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Sunday, November 18, 2007

day of Church

I have come out of hiding here on PEI and today was my first sunday out of my hole. I went to Faithworks this morning for the AM service and the congregation seemed genuinely thrilled to see me back. Many were in wonder over my experiences in Mozambique/Russia and were filled with emotion as they listened to me share my stories. It was pretty sweet.

Then for the afternoon I went to Harvest House for the service. Noel let me share about my trip and I got to speak into the lives of about 20 or so interested people. I gave a practical overview of my journey, and then talked about making the most of every opportunity God gives us, and about "doing everything for the sake of the Gospel".

Then for the evening I went back to Faithworks Center for a baptismal service where 7 members of our congregation went through the waters of baptism, identifying with the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior. Good times.

My time the last week has been filled with meeting people and trying to impart into them what the Lord has imparted into me. I believe I have a great Spiritual responsibility to this Island, even if at times I find it incredibly hard to remain here. Tomorrow and through the week I continue to do visitations and make the most of whatever opportunity the Lord gives to me.