A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Остров Принца Эдуарда (PEI)

The Island has been an interesting test of patience and endurance (and it's only been 2 weeks so far!). I have done a lot of visiting and NOTHING has changed. Pretty much the only things that have changed here are people's ages; the reality is stark and unnerving. I realize even more the life that God has made me for. Kinda like a nomad, roaming places on the earth where most other people don't want to go. I'm fine with that, it's who I am. I'm not really fine with complacency though. If what you see and hear going on in this world doesnt stir you to some kind of action, then there is something wrong. Not all of us can run out and try to "save the world" (as some accuse me of trying to do), but we can all play a part in alleviating the suffering so much of the world endures.

In 1Corinthians 9:23 the Apostle Paul says: "I do all things for the sake of the Gospel......". I want to imitate that. The Gospel is literally "good news". I want to bring this broken world good news. News that God loves them and is not out to get them. That He brings joy, not sadness; hope, not despair; love, not hate; acceptance, not racism; good news, not bad news. Meeting the physical needs combined with these Spiritual needs is what I belive living is all about. I want to stand before my Lord when this life is over and have no regrets about what I did with the time He gave me.
I also want to see people (Christians) abandon themselves to the Lord and live wholly and completely for Him who died for the world. For them to sacrifice even a tenth of their lives to the degree that God sacrificed His Son out of undescribeable love for the lost. Heirin is life: to live not for yourself.