A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Scandalous Jesus


A couple of days ago I was reading an article in a 'Horizons' magazine by Chick Yuill. It is undoubtedly one of the best articles I have ever read and I share it -->HERE<-- for you to read as well. Here is a quote from it to wet your appetite:

Of all the promises that Jesus made, I wonder if the one he most regrets is “For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” Be honest, you’ve sat in some meetings feeling as though you’ve lost the will to live. The Son of God has to turn up at every one of them! And I have to honestly ask myself why a decent self-respecting sinner, who’s had a fun Saturday evening, should get up on a Sunday morning to come to some of the services that we do.
If you really like it, -->here<-- is a link to buy some of his books.