A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Monday, August 25, 2008

bye bye HH


Yesterday finished up what was called Alumni Session at Double H Ranch. It is an opportunity for those who are over 16 yrs old to return to camp for 4 days of activities at a much slower pace than regular camp. Alumni is for campers 17-21. It was a good week; I made my return to the Beaver Cabin to finish out my employment with the Ranch. It was a great summer and we had the privilege of working with an awesome summer camp for kids who don't have the easiest go at life. That being said, we are definitely ready to move on and jump into what God has for us next.
Like I said, yesterday, Alumni finished up and Jenny & I got a drive to the Albany-Renssalaer train station (thanks Rohan!!) where we hopped on a train and journeyed 595 miles south, where we presently are, visiting Mama Deane in Yorktown, Virginia. Not sure how long we'll be here but we plan to spend the few days we have here getting refreshed and being ministered to by God. What an awesome idea!!
To put the summer into words: What I learned most was I am so thankful to be in a relationship with Jesus. How is there any joy or peace without Him?! THANK YOU FOR SAVING ME FROM MYSELF LORD! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
After Virginia, we head back to Canada; St Catharines, Windsor, and then to Vegas!