A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Camping in the Adirondacks


Jenny and I went camping for the weekend on this break. We went with our fellow HH'er Jessica Hemendinger and her boyfriend. We had a great time, save for the fact of sleeping on ground which felt like the hardest rock in the world!! Jenny had never been camping before, ever! On saturday we cruised to the Saratoga Race Track and seen a couple of races, and we visited some of the outlet stores in Lake George. I got a sweet pair of Merrell's; my Crocs are getting pretty worn and that means danger of slipping and falling and hurting myself and possibly a child riding on my back or shoulders. We had a really good time though. I havent been camping since last year in Mozambique on an overnight outreach with Heidi Baker and Co.
In other exciting news my second professionally published photo has been unveiled. Last year a newspaper in the UK wanted a picture I took (-->HERE<--) in Beslan for a story they were doing on the seige in 2004, and now Schmap has taken one of photos of Carter House in Nashville, TN for a website they host. Click -->HERE<-- to check it out! My picture is on the upper right side of the page.
Session 6 starts tomorrow and I can't wait to get another bunch of Muskrats here for 5 days of craziness. It has been a fun stint with this age group and the sessions are now flying by. 36 full days till we fly to Vegas!!!