A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Matthew 25:35-40

A day off, but not really. This morning, Josh Heymans picked me up and we cruised to Niagara Falls and went to Niagara International Worship Center for a service. The Pastor (Christer Ihreberg) used to teach at WIBI, so it was cool to see his church and stuff. It was pretty sweet. A couple awesome things he said was that 'we won't see rivival until we are in a place to accomodate it'. In other words, we won't see God bring 500 people into a church until we are equipped to handle it. To expect God to bring in new converts without the adequate structure in place is leaving them sheep without a shepard. It's a pretty crucial word, if you think about it. The other thing I really recieved was that he said "Our warfare is love". Nice. A true statement; we wage warfare by loving people. Thats powerful.

After that service, Josh dropped me back at NCC and I met up with Millie, Amy, Lynette, and Guy, and we headed to Niagara Detention Center to conduct a service of our own. I stepped up and led the service which was attended by 5 guys in the maximun security wing. I spoke from Isaiah 59:1-2, and how we separated ourselves from God by sin, and how He reconnected to us by Jesus. It was alright, I guess. As usual, I am very critical of myself. After I spoke, We divided up into one-on-one and had some ministry time. The gentleman I paired up with had had a very hard life, but I believe I was able to speak some much needed encouragement into his life. He rededicated himself to the Lord and is quite open to having weekly meetings with me. God is so good, and not just when we want Him to be.

Tomorrow I start what looks like a very busy week. Some courses I will be tackling this week are: Ministry Gifts, New Testament Survey, Church Birthing, Practical Ministry, and Counseling. I also do my work at NCC, and Wal-Mart, and Prison Ministry, and Evangelism, and tape duplicating. Wow, indeed. Good times.