A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

...........in 3 days.........

1. generous actions or donations to aid the poor, ill, or helpless: to devote one's life to charity.
2. something given to a person or persons in need; alms: She asked for work, not charity.
3. benevolent feeling, esp. toward those in need or in disfavor: She looked so poor that we fed her out of charity.
4. leniency in judging others; forbearance; disposed to look on the best side, and to avoid harsh judgment: She was inclined to view our selfish behavior with charity.
5. Christian love; agape. The theological virtue defined as love directed first toward God but also toward oneself and one's neighbors as objects of God's love
6. Full of love and good will; benevolent; kind

1 Cor 13:1-8; 13 (KJV)
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
Charity never faileth..............

.............And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.