A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Monday, April 14, 2008

We have made it back to St Catharines. Sunday, we were able to join the Heymans family for church at Harmony Community Church. It would've been sweet had I been able to stay awake, alas, I could not :(. Bonnie Wallace led worship though and as the congregation sang I was overwhelmed with a 'spirit of missions'. It's a spirit that comes on me from time to time that consumes me with thoughts of foreign missions. Not that I don't already have constant thoughts of this, but there are times when it gets a bit more.........intense. Such was one of these times. I can't wait for the time when it is once again time to head out under the banner of the Gospel. Anyways, Heymans and I tag-teamed the 524Km drive from Winchester in just over 4hr. We made pretty sweet time indeed. This week is supposed to be absolutely beautiful here in St Kits.

Today Jenny and I were gonna participate in a 'Hymm Sing' at Versa Care but the place is in lock down from an upper respiratory illness. Sorry CBC'ers.........no evangelism credits today!!!

My Flyers have made the playoffs and are the #6 seed in the east. They are against the Washington Capitals in the 1st Rd and the series is 1-1.

I am reading more about St Francis of Assisi. Dangerous stuff. This man might've been more hardcore than Jesus. Maybe a bit (or a lot) off on his theology, but hey, I believe we all are.