A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Friday, April 28, 2006

cats ARE good for something........I guess?


Well, we have a cat here at the Harvest House Men's Residence. T'was not my choosing to have it here, but the O.K. came from 'up the ladder', so we all just have to deal with it. One guy (a self-professed strong Christian) has already moved out because of 'cat-issues'. Myself, I'm not much for cats, at all, but it's here and indeed we do, have to deal with it.

Anyways, I got up this morning and did some correspondance (course: The New Covenant by Peter Youngren) and then I went out into the common area. The cat had hunted down a mouse. So, I guess cats are good......for something? Although, I don't know how much terror that little mouse could have instilled in this place. Maybe it had rabies or bird flu or something; maybe that cat (which stirred up so much controversy when it moved in) saved all our lives!!! I highly doubt it.

But things here at the Men's Residence are well. We only have 2 'guests here as of today, but another is moving in tomorrow, and maybe one on monday. Still not a lot of ministry opportunity, but the guys have a safe and qiet place to live, so it is very good.

I have put off my plans to work at a children's camp in North Carolina this summer. I figured that I just will not have enough time to finish all my first year correspondance courses if I take those two months off. Tis too bad, but I have peace with it. The summer is going to go by extremly fast anyway, and soon enough I will be off to St. Catherines, for yet another chapter in my walk. Yee haw!!!!! Bring it on september!!!!!