A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Monday, April 17, 2006

Soaking in God's Presence rocks!!!/Jason Upton is pretty cool too.


Last night I was gettin ready to turn in and I decided to do one more lesson in my correspondance course on 'Missions'. So I got out my Toshiba Gigabeat (corny name, I know) and had a little soaking time beforehand. I put on 'Faith' by Jason Upton. Times of soaking have a tremendous impact on what we think about. It puts all the focus on God and what He means to us, and what He's done in our lives.

I was only gonna 'soak' for a few minutes but I felt Holy Spirit saying, "Just do this. Don't do your lesson. I just want to spend time with you." Crazy. So that's what I did. For about 45 minutes I just worshipped God in His presence. It was one of the most powerful 3/4 of an hour I have experienced in quite some time.

One of the things I like about
Jason Upton is his dissaproval of mainstream Christianity as a whole. He has no qualms about stepping on people's toes when it comes to what he feels is happening (or is not happening, depending on your outlook) in the Body today. If you are into Holy Spirit led music, I encourage you all to give Jason a listen. 'Remember' is one of the most powerful albums likely ever recorded. Tis good. I leave you with lyrics to one of my favorite songs of his.


Poverty
by Jason Upton
album: Faith (2001)
There's a power in poverty that breaks principalities
And brings the authority's down to their knees
There's a brewing frustration and ageless temptation
To fight for control by some manipulation
But the God of the kingdoms and the God of the Nations
The God of creation sends his revelation
Thru the homeless and penniless Jesus the son
The poor will inherit the Kingdom to come
Where will we turn when our world falls apart
And all of the treasures we've stored in our barns
Can't buy the Kingdom of God?
Who will we praise when we've praised all our lives
men who build Kingdoms and men who build fame
What will we fear when all that remains
Is God on His throne, with a child in his arms,
and love in his eyes
And the sound of his heart cries