A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Sunday, February 25, 2007

'2hr 8min'


Peter & Julie, Kyle, Josh, and I gather after Pen Center evangelism friday night and we have a Holy Ghost prophecy party. It was pretty sweet. I mean, if the Apostle Paul says that we should earnestly desire to prophesy (1Corinthians 14:1), how else we gonna do it unless we step out and try? It's a good question. So Peter gets a 'word' for me (see video above) and this afternoon I decide to put it into practice. See, when we get a word of prophecy we can do one of two things: we can sit back and wait for God to bring it to pass (which He likely won't), or, we can take hold of that word and go get what God has promised us. I prefer the second option. So, like I was saying, this afternoon I got on my face and for a bit over 2hrs I sought the Lord for a new revelation of Himself. It was an interesting experience. In the 'natural', Jesus did not appear and knight me with a sword. But after the experience I got and called Him on it. I said, "Well Lord, I did my part." Dumb thing to say. I felt Him reply, "Are you so presumptuous to assume you did what you were supposed to do without Me doing what I was supposed to do?" C'mon Lord! A little grace please. Anyways, here's something that absolutely did happen:

About half an hour in, as I was lying on my back on the floor, I seen (in the spirit) a bouquet of dark flowers lying on the floor. An unseen hand picks them up and extends them towards me. "They're for you", a voice said. I took them and laid them on my chest; like what happens to a body in a casket. The voice said, "This is in commemoration of the death of your 'self'".

I'm ok with that. It's sweet because just yesterday I told Peter & Julie that I want to be accountable to them in the area of 'materialism'. Any purchases that I make have to be approved by them. I want all semblance of materialism driven out of me; the sooner the better. MATERIALISM- preoccupation with or emphasis on material objects, comforts, and considerations, with a disinterest in or rejection of spiritual, intellectual, or cultural values