A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Monday, February 12, 2007

pursuin experience

Today I have a sore throat and a headache. I called in sick. I didn't really want to cause I also miss out on about 4hr work or so, but I dont feel like sittin through class when I really don't feel good. It also means that my perfect attendance record is gone, but oh well.

I've been saying a lot lately that, "I'm tired of knowing 'about' God, and now I just want to know Him." We can sit through classes, and listen to teaching tapes, and go to conferences, but still be no closer to God. It's all about experience. Bill Johnson has said (along this lines) "Those who seek experience without the Word of God are in danger of falling into deception, but those who seek the Word of God without experience are decieved already." It's so true.

I've taken some slack from the CBC students about my pursuance of 'heavenly experience', but I see that criticism as a major blessing. See, what kind of relationship can you have with someone without experience? The answer: none. For example, you can read all the books about Wayne Gretzky that you can find. How he plays hockey, his family life, his childhood, etc etc etc; but you get out on the ice with him and you'll quickly realize that all that knowledge means absolutely nothing. But, spending time with him and letting him teach you develops a relationship and a growth that cannot be obtained without the experience. Interesting, eh? In saying that, I certainly am expecting to partake of my inheritance in this life. Why wouldn't I? In Ephesians 2:5-6 it says: even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus; and then in Colossians 3:1 it says: Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Amen. All this stems from God's love. He loves us more than we can understand or comprehend, and He wants us to experience Him more than we do. All the basis of pursuing experience comes out His unmeasurable love for us; period.

And in other news, I've been digging in to David Hogan's ministry to the Indians in Mexico. It's some good stuff. Click -->here to view David speaking in different conferences and such.