A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Monday, February 05, 2007

post psychic fair '07


What a (somewhat) crazy weekend. Friday, after classes, Josh Heymans and I went to the Psychic Fair here in town this weekend to see what Holy Spirit would lead us into. The atmosphere was HEAVY with warfare; ours conflicting with theirs. I had a few discussions but was unable to really get a foothold or advantage in any of them. I didnt go there to preach or 'convert' (or did I?), unless led by the Spirit to, but I wanted to go and sow some seed out there and to see just how much spiritual friction there would be. And let me tell you, you could literally feel it as you walked through the doors. I did start a conversation with one of the psychic's assistants, but when I asked her "What's the difference between a psychic and a prophet?", I drew a line in the sand. She couldn't answer me so she asked Rev. Corbie Mitleid (the psychic whom she represented), and Corbie pretty much tore a strip off me and made it abundantely clear that I was "unwanted" at this kind of venue. T'was a wee bit crazy.

Corbie was to do a seminar on saturday, Feb 3rd @ 2pm, so Josh, Julie and I went to check it out. We were 10 minutes late for it and seen no open seats as we walked in. The Josh spotted 3 open seats in the front row!!! How funny was that?! So we saunter up and take our seats and listen to her propaganda. She moved her table back a bit to put some distance between us and her, and consciously avoided us the whole time; muito funny. Then we went around to all the tables and I talked with assistants. I likened a lot of their beliefs to Hinduism and similiar far eastern religious mindsets. I was able to back a couple of them into a corner they could not explain their way out of, in a non-confrontational way, of course. Holy Spirit really gave me some clever analogies.

On sunday, Josh and I went to TACF to see Ola, and partake in an a.m. service. Some lady we didn't know blessed us with $40 to take Ola out to lunch with, seeing as it was her 20th birthday. We also took a couple of the SoM graduates out with us; one of whom Ola wants me to marry. Anyways, we went back to the SoM building afterwards to eat and play pool and rave, and stuff. It was definitely "one sweet weekend".