A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Thursday, March 01, 2007

a day Most Holy / there's a fire in the house

Today may have been the best day of the school year. It started as a student appreciation breakfast, which was interrupted by the fire alarm randomly and uncharacteristically going off. So we all had to grab our plates of food and book it outside in the cold for about 15min (to make matters worse, I don't wear shoes in class so I was out in my socks!!!). When we went inside I seen 3 firemen walking around the kitchen looking for any trace of fire, but there was none. I joked with a couple of my classmates about how there was reports of fire at the Azusa St church back in the day, but when the fire dept got to the scene there was no fire. The Azusa St revival was one of the biggest events in the Church's history. Anyways, we finished our breakfast and went upstairs to do some worship. It was a day of prayer at CBC and it was filled with prayer and some preaching by Pastor Peter about where he believed Holy Spirit was directing NCC in the near future.

Near the end of the day, we all came up to the altar and had a time of 'drawing near' to God, which was followed by a time of ministering to each other. I was standing alone and Pastor George laid his hands on my shoulders from behind and started praying for me. Future aspirations were voiced and I broke down, realizing just how much of a broken vessel I am, and that to be regarded by God as fit for His service is a thing more humbling than any other.

There was a Spiritual shift today, and some entered, and some didn't. The Lord took my feet out from under me today, and here I sit still, looking up into the Glory of His Presence. It's a quiet place, one where words mean little.