A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

a less intense post (thank God)

Last week we studied 'apologetics' with Peter Karl Youngren; good times. It might've been the best week of Bible College. This week we are studying 'Revivalists and Reformers' with Sam Youngren; it is excellent too. The last couple of days we studied Martin Luther, John Wesley, Jonathan Edwards, George Whitefield, and William Carey; some of the greatest men in the history of the Christian Church. The rest of the week should be more than awesome as we get into Charles Finney, Aimee Semple McPherson, and others.

In other (less dramatic) news work has been good. I'm doing full time custodial duties at NCC, and am working at WalMart on the weekends. On top of Bible College it has been a heavy workload, but it has been good. Josh Heymans and I have booked a ticket out to Redding, California for a week following graduation to visit Bill Johnson's church. That should be an awesome time. I know a few fellow HoGi's that are attending the Bethel Supernatural School of Ministry there.

In other more exciting news, I got an email from Iris Ministries hospitality in Pemba asking if I would like to come over and help staff the Holy Given 5: International School of Missions this summer. Sweet!! It would be a perfect opportunity to get back into the swing of things (seeing I've been off the foreign field for 2 yrs!!!) and I could likely stay on afterwards and springboard to Zimpeto, Sudan, or wherever. So that is like super cool. I am all fired up again. Good times. I want to get back to the foreign mission field REAL bad. It's something that is constant in my thoughts. Neverending. I love it.
.......................................................more to come.