A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Monday, April 02, 2007

Fairview Mall evangelism

After work today, I cruised over to the Vine Towers and picked up Jenny Brown, Mark Enos, and Sheri Smith for monday evangelism. We cruised to the Fairview Mall (cause we didn't have a car, and I didn't want to get them banned from the Pen Center) to talk to some people about Jesus. Mark talked to a couple of guys but had NO luck. Jenny and I approached a girl reading on a bench and were able to talk to her for a few moments, but she didn't seem to recieve it too well; not bad, but not great. Then as Jenny and I were headed back to find Mark and Sheri, I notice this guy sitting on a bench just sort of staring off into space. We approach him and I ask the infamous, "Hey man, do you know Jesus?" question. He turns out to be from Japan, and we rave to him for like 10-15 min and totally speak into his life as none have ever before. It was pretty sweet. I ended up giving him my Amplified New Testament, and inviting him to see Eight Days at NCC this sunday. On our way home I asked Mark and Sheri if they had 'earned' their evangelism credit and Sheri was hesitant to say, so we told her there would be an opportunity as we walked back. Then she tears across the highway and into the parking lot of Dairy Queen and starts totally gospelizing this guy. It was HARDCORENESS! Way to go Sheri. On top of that, this was her first time out evangelizing ever! I smell a reformer in the making. Anyways, we had some good times. Everyone who reads this.............GO EVANGELIZING!!!!