A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Saturday, May 05, 2007

a day at Mt Lassen


Today was crazy awesome!! 9 of us cruised about 40min away to Mt Lassen to go hiking and climbing and the like. One of the best experiences I've had in a loooong time, indeed. We found this old rotten tree and 6 of us pushed it down. Then we spent a couple hours ascending this mountain and manuevering around the crazy terrain. We got to see some amazing panoramic views along the way, and we really got to reach some new levels of impartation? Maybe? Hmmmm? Whatever.

It all confirms something that is crucial.................................I am getting old!! I mean, we were all super tired. And I held up pretty well against the youngsters, but hey, I may be paying for it tomorrow. Also, sunscreen is a GOOD thing. Putting it on yourself before going out in the sun is even better. Not one of us seemed to think of this though. Tomorrow, I may be in the prayer line at Bethel!

Other than all that, last night we went to a friday night service at Bethal. Jason Westerfield was ministering. It was quite a Holy Ghost event; but he seemed a little scripturally innacurate to me. I mean, I like some crazy Christian things, but this was a little 'off the wall' in my opinion, and not in a good way. The worship was incredible, but the message and ministry time (excluding the worship) seemed like a mojor stretch. I am actually SO grateful for the 2 years I put in with Peter Youngren. Foundation is key!! And CBC is definitely putting some excellent foundation into their students.

So Redding has been pretty fun though. Chad has been an awesome host. It reminds me of my time in Franklin, Tennessee last summer. Redding is quite affluent; and it puts me out of my comfort zone, indeed. Bethel church is a wee bit trendy for me, but it is good, very. God is so very good, indeed.