A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

All go, no whoa!! (2 Joshua 5:55)

I'm gettin antsy. Life on PEI is becoming overwhelmingly slow and mundane. I look forward to when I can put this Island behind me and move on to another season of my life. Patience is a luxury I can't afford right now. It's not that I wouldn't buy some if I had the resources, but I just don't have the goods to get it. A lack of friends, and like-minded people to talk with is wearing me out. It's not that I don't have any friends, it's just that my "close" friends are all very, very far away. That's hard on a person. But does it have to be?

People don't understand when I tell them I "have" to go. It's not an option. It consumes my thoughts, it pushes all else away. I've wasted so much of life pursuing that which was misery and lies.

It's not that I think the rest of the world is some glorious opportunity which is only realized outside PEI. On the contrary, there is nothing new under the sun. People are basically the same everywhere. There are slight differences, but overall, things are similiar inside people's heads. What gets me is a seemingly contentment to stay where they are at. I see people every day whose lives are dismantled, broken, wasted, etc etc. But they are unwilling to take any kind of responsibility for why it is that way. They are content to live at this "less than" abundant life. It's not just like that on PEI. The world over, there are people who are resistant to change. Should the ones who are trying to provoke them to change give up though....................nah, we need to trudge on. It's why we're here.