A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

JEHOVAH-JIREH

To have a piece of land to call your very own is fairly sweet. In the 28 yrs I've been on this Island I have accumulated very little. No car, no house, no wife or kids, not many friends, etc etc etc. I spent the first 24 yrs of my life pursuing that which only brought condemnation and misery. Live and learn, I guess. Maybe God kept me from acquiring all that to bring me to the very place I know stand. I like to think of it that way.

Last week,
my brother and I drove out to Point Pleasant to check out 1.5 acres of land that has been given to me, no strings attached. This is an awesome gift. I had always said that I didn't want to spend my life on Prince Edward Island but would like a plot of land to own here. A place where I could always come back from my foreign endeavours to seek rest and peace. Now I have that. Nice :). I don't know what or when I'll do with it, but thats for the future, for now, the present is taking care of itself.