A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

6/6/06 (Give me a break!)

Well, June 6/06 has come and gone and we're all only one day older. I had a few Christians ask me my thoughts regarding the infamous 666 calendar day, and everything about it annoyed me a bit. If that Satan fellow were any MORE defeated, we Christians wouldn't have any excuse AT ALL to talk about him. It seems to escape many people's notice that at least one of the early church manuscripts actually quote Revelation 13:18 's number of the beast as 616, not the more commonly known 666. Now the #666 IS likely more acurate, but still, January 6th came and went, as well as June 1st with not so much as one person batting an eyelash. Funny, how deception really is the only thing the devil is working with. Thats his only weapon. Like the sign above says, it's only OUT of Christ that we humans even have to worry about Satan. To us Christ has defeated him. And why get worked up about a defeated foe? It irritates me.

Having done exhaustive biblical studies on Lucifer and his fall, and having been quite involved in the occult in my day, and now fully trusting (not in anything I have done but) in what Christ has done, I wasn't too worried about June 6th. It was just another day............... I had something else to say, but now I can't remember. I really have to write my thoughts down before I post, cause I type with my two fingers at the rate of about 5 words per minute. Anyway, satan's defeated, what God has blessed cannot be cursed, Christ has already been glorified, and believer's are completed, in Him. Have a great June 7th everyone.