A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Friday, June 09, 2006

Chat Room Ministry

You know what's a funny thing to do? Go into the most random, off the wall inappropriate chat room you can find, and just start loving on people, just being all nice to them and stuff. It's hilarious. No one knows quite how to handle it. Tell them they are special, ask them what their plans are for the future, what the nicest thing anyone has ever done for them was, etc. They won't know how to handle you. Sure, you may get some explicit language thrown your way, but hey, you can handle it. Don't worry Christians, nothing will "get on you"!! It's a great mission field, the Internet. For the most part, an untapped resouce. I will relate the greatest testimony regarding this endeavour that I have been involved in (I will say this though, the good testimony's are few and far between):

A couple of years ago, i was down at Dude's, and we were doin some surfin. We were on some Christian chat rooms, but I quickly lost interest and wanted to go somewhere where the people were more transparent. I decided on the 'Satanism & Witchcraft' chat room (since I used to be quite involved in the occult, I can sort of relate). Now, I don't recommend all Christians to do this, but, well, why not? Maybe I do recommend it? Aren't we supposed to be lights in the darkness, afterall? Anyways, after about 40 minutes of getting totally cursed out and mocked, ridiculed, laughed at, etc I hooked this guy who pm'd me and wanted to know more about God and forgiveness, etc. I witnessed to this guy for about a bit more than an hour, ministering the fact of God's love for him, and about His forgiving plan of redemption, specifically in his case, and so on. This guy was completly broken and destroyed, this world had left him a hollow, empty shell. I left him with the prayer of salvation. He didn't say it right there, and I didn't ask him too. But he wanted it, so I gave him a rough estimate of something like he could say in regards to talking to God for the first time. I explained the heart was of importance, not the words. He thanked me, and we parted ways. I don't know where he is now, and I know some Christians would scold me for even entering into such a chatroom. Oh well, someday,........... we shall see.