A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Saturday, July 08, 2006

on assignment

Today I got up, did some correspondance (The Gospel: God's Message for the World), and headed down to Queen St for some Jazz & Blues Festival madness!! Not really. I landed there an hour early, so I raved with this drunk who scammed me out of a dollar, only to tell me a while later that he made $15/hr sweeping streets! I laughed. Everybody who passed us he asked for money, to their HORROR! It was kind of funny though; he was just gauging reactions.

So then Amiel & Mandy landed and they opened up shop and we played drums and sold hot sauce and raved and stuff. It was HOT; I got totally scalded. It's funny to think that a sunburn is actually the sun frying your skin! Think about it, it's kind of scary.

Then I got to go to the Tea Hill (?) Beach. Nice. There was like 4 dead squid in the water. Wierd. And these giant hermit crabs (which I took with my sweet underwater camera; thats right kiddies, this pic of the crab was taken underwater), which might have killed the squid? Who knows? I do know that it was a great day for the beach. Then we went to Silver Streams for all-u-can-eat Chinese food. Now I'm back at Harvest House, full, hot, sore, tired, but glad to have spent the day with Amiel, he's one of the good ones.