A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

the truth is out there


It's just under a month before I jump on a bus and cruise away from PEI for the better part of a year, at least. To say I'm happy with this thought is an understatement. The date I have set is August 22nd. I will get a Discovery Pass from Greyhound in Moncton and start my looong journey southwest to Roswell, NM (thats right, alien country!!) to visit my good friend Joy, whom I met last year in Pemba. Then, maybe up to Detroit to visit Katherine, whom I also met in Pemba, before ending up in St Catharines for school on Sep 5th. So yeah, I'm fairly stoked about Roswell. I was talkin to Joy for a moment last night and she told me not to get my hopes up, cause Roswell was "nothing special". Hahaha, anyways.................Jesus loves aliens? The bus legs are going to be painfully painful(?) though. I once did a 5 day trip on a bus, Calexico,CA-Bangor,ME/97 and that was a test of endurance. This one will ultimately be longer but with longer breaks, still though, I'm praying for God to totally show up on these bus rides and put right people in right places. I mean, people in remote 3rd World countries need to hear the Gospel, but also, people in our own backyards need to hear the Gospel too. The Gospel Jesus and Paul and the other believers preached though, not the generic gospel we hear so much today. Anyways, before I get off on a big ole rant and rave, I'll stop. So there it is, just shy of 4 weeks before I cruis'er. Grant me patience Lord.

On a parting note, Joy insists she's not an alien herself. But this picture I took of her last July 23 seems to suggest otherwise. Hmmmm.........will I make it out of Roswell alive?