A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

life at CBC


Things are well; busy. So far I'm enjoying life in St Catharines. The school is going well. Sunday night they had a commissioning service for the outgoing missionaries to Indonesia, what an awesome time that was. When I get better prepared, I'll write these posts out beforehand, then blog them. Anyways, the service was awesome, the missionaries just preached about all the excuses we have for not going onto the field, and they tore those excuses apart!! T'was a thing of beauty.

So today, in the a.m. I was doing a course called Youth Ministry, then in the afternoon I was doing World Religions (today focused on Hinduism, very interesting. My student duty is duplicating all the video correspondance tapes, as well as duplicating the school sessions onto cd. I also recieved my student ministry, which will be helping out with the overseas ministry area. HALLELUJAH!! Thats fairly sweet. So I'll be learning about what is involved in organizing, putting on, etc etc etc a crusade (festival, as we call them) in a foreign country. Nice!

The school is quite diverse, student wise, I mean. Fitting in may be my big challenge. I'm not too worried about it though. My sense of direction has been super strengthened in the brief time I've been here, and it appears it is not going to abate in the least!!

So yeah, next few posts, I'll try to relate a few of the more exciting things that have come up in my class and study time. 5 of us students are on a weeklong hunt to really discover the meaning and importance of New Covenant fasting. What do all you think about it? Why, as New Covenant believers, do we fast? Why? Don't answer too quickly now, the answer is much more in depth than you think. Study it out, then let me know. Blessings all.