A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

exam week


It is indeed exam week. It's not on my mind a whole lot though. I have moved past the point of fretting over marks on exams, and such. It's good to do good, don't get me wrong, but I'm just over it. Things are good though. The cockroach situation has diminished, I think. I havent seen too many since that night anyway. And I leave on friday morning to head back to the Island for a week for the Holidays, and to see all my peeps and family and newborn nephew! Pretty sweet!

The WIBI aspect has been good, ministry wise. I'm still finding it hard to connect with 95% of the students, but things are good. Street ministry has been awesome the last week. I have devised a system of going up to people on the street and asking them if they want to participate in a 'one question survey'; the question being "What does Christmas mean to you?" Its a great opportunity to throw the Gospel in there in a quick and easy way. A lot of people don't want to hear it, but Josh Heymans, Amwy Wallace, and I got into a 1.5 hour talk with this guy in a park a few days ago that was just awesome. We pretty much convinced him in about 10 minutes that he wasnt an athiest! Then we took it from there. Holy Ghost is good. Prison ministry has slowed a little; it being the Holidays and all. But we are believing for great things in the New Year.
To end this update, I'm including a recent video of the SOS Ministry here at NCC. It's aspect is giving away a bag of groceries to everyone who attends a service and doesnt have a lot of money for such things. It's a good ministry with greta people in charge of it. Good times. And remember: JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!!