A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Thursday, October 25, 2007

And I thought Mozambique --> Russia was bad!!

It's true, the Russia --> Canada leg is proving to be just as bad. Today I sorrowfully left St Petersburg and thought I was gonna be too late to make check in. I made it though, with help from my Russian lawyer! I said goodbye and thank you to Anya, who has proven to be one of the most amazing and generous people I have ever met. Blessings to her.

So, I fly to Paris and have to take 3 buses and a train to get to my departure terminal! After waiting there for about 1.5 hrs, they tell us Air France is on strike and the flight is cancelled!! After another 2 hour wait in line, I am told that I have to fly to Amsterdam, then to London, then to Toronto! What?! I agree, cause I have little choice at this point, and wait even longer to fly to Amsterdam. But guess what...............the flight to Amsterdam is delayed for an hour and that means I miss my connecting flight to London. In Amsterdam they tell me I will not make a connecting flight to London this night and I will be staying the night at the NH Shiphol Hotel, at the expense of KLM Airlines. Not bad.

So here I am in Amsterdam for the night. It has been almost 7 years since I have been here, and I have changed much. I just ate my complimentary all-u-can-eat buffetand will try again tomorrow to fly home. What a journey. What a 5 months. What a life. Whoever thinks a life dedicated to Jesus is boring better dedicate themselves a bit more; they'll soon learn different.

And I am surely grieved to be leaving Russia, by the way. I've a feeling this re-entry period will be hard; it already is.