A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

back in St Kits

A word I've been using to describe being home(?) is "surreal". And that's what it actually seems like. It seems like I could wake up from this dream of being home (?) at any moment. It feels incredibly strange. Much has happened in 5 months, and being back dramtically illustrates this fact.

After a marathon Russia --> Paris --> Amsterdam --> London --> Toronto, 44hr trip home, Heymans picked me up and drove me back here to St Catharines. My bag ( and most of the possessions I have in this world) are stuck in Paris, and I have no idea when (or if) I'll ever see them again. I honestly don't really care though. If my happiness depends on material things, then I'm in a worse position than the poeple whom I try to minister to.

So, here I am. Staying with Heymans and trying to figure out what to do next. Heidi Baker is ministering at TACF this weekend, so that is a definite. But other than that, I'm completely oblivious as to what comes next.

I realize that I am so dependant on God for absolutely everything in my life. It is a wonderful feeling, but not comforting (in a worldly sense). I'm having trouble thinking accurately.

This past sunday I went to Niagara Celebration Church where Joesph Prince was ministering. It was good, but I'll hold my tongue. Then a group of us went to Scott Street Manor (which is a home to the less fortunate who are not able to funtion and live in a way such as we are blessed to be able to) to hold a service. It was awesome. 13 of them congregated in a sitting room and we sang songs about Jesus, and I got to share about the poor in Africa whom Jesus gives gives hope to, and then we sang a bit more and prayed. During my short exhortation, a gentleman interrupted me long enough to empty his pockets and give an offering to my missions work; it was 17 nickels / $0.85! How awesome is that?! I love it! After the Scott Street Manor service, I went to Shaver Hospital and went room to room singing hyms, talking, and praying with people. Another awesome experience.

Then I went back to NCC for an evening service with Joesph Prince but found it so boring that I had to leave.

Why is church so boring? If Holy Spirit was as much a part of church as we claim, it would be a lot more fun! Wouldn't it?

Anyways, I still need prayer. Just pray for me. That would be cool.