A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Friday, October 19, 2007

очень, even!

My time in St Petersburg lately has been filled with spending time with Jesus and trying to learn this difficult language. I am making headway, but it is so slow and frustrating. It is so hard for me being here but not being able to minister to people like I would back in an english speaking country. Maybe God has set this time up so that I would humble myself and be dependant upon others? Может быть?

On the 11th Анюта and her dad took me to the ballet!!!!? IT WASN'T MY FAULT!! The tickets were bought before I could make a decision about it!! So, I seen the St Petersburg presentation of the amazing extravaganza of Sleeping Beauty! It was BRUTAL!! I almost threw myself from the balcony seats where we were sitting unto the crowd of poor interested people below! And the thing was over 3 hours long!! OH MY GOD!!! The next day I did get to go to the Hermitage Museum (which is one of the most impressive and largest museums in the world) and see A LOT of paintings. I was there for about 4 hours and seen about 2% of the whole building! It's HUGE!!

Last night though may have been one of the best times in Russia that I've had. A group from the church Анюта attends took us to a local hospital to pray and minister to some sick people. It was a lesson in love. Hospital ministry is one of my favorite things to do. We were able to minister love and peace to these dear people who were obviously in need of it. Анюта and I will return on saturday (tomorrow) to follow up on thise we ministered to, and to take some practical things that they are in need of. We also get to go to another hospital to take hope where there is little. I expect another mighty move of God in the hearts of people who know Him not, or who know Him little. By the time we leave I want them to know Him much more.