A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

the scoop

1 day to go. I have some pretty extreme mixed feelings about ending my 5 month long trip. I do not know just what to think. God is good, and His mercy does indeed endure forever. Tomorrow morning I fly out of St Petersburg and into Toronto. After visiting friends in St Catharines, I will return to Prince Edward Island and really start seeking some direction again. What to do in 2008? THAT, is a darn good question.

I was ministering at 2 hospitals last saturday. First, Анюта and I went to a hospice and ministered to a couple of ladies who had been given very short time to live. It was hard to not cry while talking to these ladies. The first lady just wanted God to give her enough time so that she could work in her garden again and spend a bit more time with her grand-daughter. Oh, the things we take for granted in this life. In our busyness we pass by the things we deem most important, when we look back at the end of our lives. T'is sad.
Then we went back to the hospital from last week and were able to follow up with a couple people whom we had previously ministered too. They were happy to see us and so thankful for the gifts we brought. I am amazed at the things we take for granted. I am ashamed. It hurts.

Last night we got to go to a professional tennis match. Youzhny defeated Gimelstob in straight sets. At times I felt uneasy. I need to stop writing now.................it isn't safe to continue.