A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Matthew 25:35


This evening "Josh & 'his people'", as we were called by one lady, fed 48 people down at the local Soup Kitchen. Good times indeed. "My people" consisted of, my cooks, Kristina and Carinne; and my servers, Lindsay and Brooke. A great big THANK YOU goes out to these dear saints whom were desperately needed to accomplish this task. The meal was chili, with a side of rice (bland rice pudding, one woman thought), with cookies for desert.

Getting people outside the walls of the Church and into the practicality of Christian service is something that excites me greatly. Hopefully it means as much to them as it does to me. And hopefully it means more to the people whom we serve than it does to us. As I said before, everyone should volunteer at least a couple of hours a week to something they feel contributes to the advancement of their communities. Amen.