A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Thursday, May 18, 2006

stories from the field #5: Zimpeto





O.K., after an hour of almost letting loose a barrage of cursing, and pulling my hair out, and beating my laptop to death!!!!, I think I've finally figured out how to post video. Hallelujah!!! This better work for you all, or I'll FREAK OUT!!!!!!

Ever wonder what kids in Africa and other Third World nations do for fun when they have little or nothing? Well, now you can have a little look into how kids entertain themselves when they don't have the money to buy the latest toys, etc.

This video was taken in Zimpeto; just outside of the Mozambican capital of Maputo. I thought these kids were crazy, and going to kill themselves!!! But they are quite adept at this game they play. You won't however, see me taking a turn. I value my health too much for that. I also have been at the Maputo General Hospital, and I prefer to be the one going in there to pray for people, not the other way around.