A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Stories from the field #6: Kruger National Park





O.K., so this is not a 'missions' story, par se, however, everybody likes African animals. Am I wrong? I didn't think so. These pictures were all taken at the Kruger National Park in South Africa. This park, I've been told is about the size of Israel!!! So it's fairly big, eh? Anyway, I had the priveledge of being at this park twice; in Mar/04 and Apr/05. I recommend a trip to Kruger, t'is good times indeed.

Click on the animal name to see the pic.
Zebra#1, Zebra#2, Zebra#3, Warthog, Giraffe#1, Giraffe#2, Giraffe#3, Elephant#1, Elephant#2, Elephant#3, Elephant#4, Elephant#5, Impala, Rhino, Monkey things, Hippo (I waited a long time for this hippo to surface so I could get this shot. He just did not want to come out of the water!), Leopard#1, Leopard#2, Leopard#3 (This pic was taken shortly after the Leopard had killed this Impala. It drug it up the tree so she and her cubs could eat it without the threat of lions and hyenas, which were close by. To see a Leopard is quite rare, cause they are extremly shy animals.), Leopard cub#1, Leopard cub#2.

So these are most of the pictures I took from those two seperate days on the reserve. I'd have to say the giraffes were my favorite. They are so awesome when they are up, close, and personal. I hope to get back there one day and spend a couple of days just hanging out. The overnight safaris are supposed to rock!!