A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

the battle of Franklin/Nashville 1860something


Today I got a history lesson on the American civil war: battle of Franklin, and the battle of Nashville. Omar picked me up around 2pm and we cruised to the sites of some of the fiercest fighting in the Civil War. Pretty interesting stuff. We went to the Franklin site, then met Chelsea for some all u can eat Chinese buffet. Nice.

After that, we went to Starbucks and met up with Evan and his sister Amelia. Then we cruised to the Nashville battle site. Hung out at the fort site overlooking the once major battlefield. Crazy stuff, when you look into it.

Then we went downtown and hung out at an Arab(?) restaurant for a few. Then headed for church worship at Grace Center. More awesomeness. Grace landed there and then her, I, and Evan drive to the Nashville Airport to pick up Kat who was to arrive from Norway (another HoGi).

My time in Nashville has been great. I leave friday, but I could stay here for weeks and enjoy the company of these great people whom God has surrounded me with. I am humbled by His goodness. Really. A major shout out to Grace (of course) cause she is one of the most awesome people God has ever designed; and also a shout out to Omar, who is already, a proven friend. It all makes me wonder what God has for me in Roswell? And St Catharines? Who can take, and accept, all that God has for them? It really is too much sometimes.