A WANNABE FRANCISCAN MISSIONARY, AND A DISCIPLE OF ST. ARBUCKS

Sunday, August 20, 2006

on the road


All right everyone. Almost exactly 48 hrs after I left Charlottetown, I arrived in NASHVILLE, TN. According to my calculations I was about 24 hrs early!!! Not too cool, seeing that Grace was in Atlanta when I arrived. She got back early sunday morning though and called me. Supresa is speaking at her church today!!! Crazy. She and Omar pick me up about 5:30pm and we cruise to Sonic for a moment before heading to Grace Center for the evening service with Pastor Supresa. He preached about some of his testimony and, about David's being anointed king and about the anointing in general; amazing message, truly. Met some cool people,seen Lareasa (HoGi). Then Omar, Grace, and I went to IHOP for a late night meal. Have some great fellowship; I share mt testimony again, and stuff. Good times.


OK, you can see the itinerary schedule up above but I thought I'd give you the highlights I encountered on my way to Nashville:

- 2.5 hrs into my trip; 50 km outside of Moncton, a lady in a van spun out right in front of our bus and launched across the road in front of us almost to certain death! We slammed on the brakes while she came at us head-on. She and we managed to swerve in the last instant, narrowly missing each other, but she slammed into the side of out bus taking out our bus and her van. Lucky for her, she wasn't killed instantly. Needless to say, we had to wait there while another bus came and picked us up. Close call.

- At the U.S. border, the guards signal me out and take me inside for a search cause they didn't believe my 'story'. They totally harass me and interrogate me for like 45 min trying to get me to slip up and tell my 'real' reasons for being in the states. After wading through my many 'suspicious' Bibles and my 'unlikely' story of missions work in Africa, and going to Bible college in september, they let me go. Needless to say, at the end of it I was extremly disappointed with our 'friendly' neighbors to the south. Don't get me started; I'm still not over it. I was some dirty at the end of it.

- New York City........is amazing. I love it. The last time I drove through NYC was 9 yrs ago. This time I arrived in the wee hrs of the morn, and left at sunset. I don't know what bridge I exited NYC, but I got a panoramic view of Manhattan at sunrise. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. Too bad I was on the wrong side of the bus to snap a picture. It was too big and crazy to capture anyway, I think, that's what I'm going with anyways.

- Just want to say that Greyhound bus drivers (as well Acadian) are awesome! What a great bunch.

- And one last thing. I haven't gotten any good pictures of the cities I've driven through. Almost every time I get a good skyline scene, it's either been the dead of night, or I've been on the wrong side of a packed bus. That is not cool. One of my favorite things in the world is viewing cities. I don't know what it is. It absolutely fascinates me.


Anyways, there you have it. An update from my time in Nashville with GRACE will be upcoming. Stay tuned, don't change the channel.